Thursday, November 14, 2013


An article matters. It made me nearly a celebrity!

by  Rudra Pangeni

I wrote article 'The next PM' and published on Wednesday, 13, Nov, 2013, I started to get feedbacks from different sections, from my close friends, acquaintances, my colleagues in the office. For the person who rarely dips pen for opinion, writing opinion turned out to be a different experience for me. My news items may have flared wide range opinions, in some cases, I have met some people using the information of my news and making opinions, putting their views based on that. But this time my opinion itself drew much compliments, Mahavir Paudyal and Biswas Baral, the guys handling editorial pages complimented my opinions. I am really encouraged. I got a phone call from a friend Chiranjivi Baral, whom I met at The Himalayan Times, he was at the news desk, who was not in touch for long. I thought the article made cotacts. Dinesh Thapa, my close friend sent an SMS 'excellent piece' immediate after reading the newspaper in the morning.
Next day, my weekly off day, I became ready to listen a youth, in my loitering evening, the youth said, "You are the same guy having published an article at Republica daily." I wanted to be more hospitable and enquired about him, I became quite naïve forgot to ask his name, perhaps I may not know him as he hesitantly removed the mask he was wearing and again fit into his nose and mouth. He seemed not interested to tell me except, he lives nearby and a student at Koteshwor this much.
Though, this is not the first opinion piece I had written, but the photo printed along with article made a different. This is my first opinion article in Republica, where I joined some five months ago. The article made me a celebrity!  
Though I posted my article in facebook twice and once on twitter, I did not get any feedback except a retweet by Saroj Kafle in twenty four hours. Thanks to all my readers. One more friend Ashish Gajurel came in online to congrat me during my office hours.
By 2 pm the article was at the hightest hit list with 317 hits in the online edition.

No comments: